Saturday, August 16, 2008

week in review

This past week has kept us busy. Tuesday was my last day of work! It was a bittersweet day. I worked all summer to cover two back to back maternity leaves for two of the girls at the dental office I used to work at. It worked out really well that I was available to do it, so they didn't have to look for temps. It was actually a lot of fun to be back, and the people I worked with made it worth it. Here are a few of us on my last day (Alli, me, Suzanne & Alli's baby Jordyn, Breanne and Ilene).


I caught up with some long lost friends way back from elementary! I decided to sign up for facebook a few weeks ago, and there was my friend Candace! She had been in touch with our friend Amy, and we decided to get together for a play date. We met at Amy's parents home and swam in their pool with our five boys! (Only 4 are pictured)
Owen and I had so much fun. At the same time it was sad, because I was wishing we had done this a few years earlier. Next week we move to Las Vegas, so it will be even harder to get together. I miss you guys already, you know you are welcome to visit us in Vegas anytime!


Friday night we hung out with Paul and Heidi and their little girl Syndey. After dinner we went for a little walk to a waterfall. Owen loves the mountains and waterfalls, and it was nice and cool there. When we got back, we made homemade ice cream with raspberries and blackberries in it. Yum!



Tonight we went up to Midway for a Miller family party at Nick's brother Steve's place. It's so nice up there, Nick and I agreed that that is someplace like where we'd like to end up when school is done, and we can finally settle down. It was great to see most of the Millers one more time before we move! These pictures are by a little waterfall and pond in the back yard. Owen was being so cute and loved posing then looking at the picture I took. I was taking them with Nick's phone, so they aren't the best quality. Good enough though.




This last one is the best! On the car ride home, Owen was being so silly! I would tell him to make his "funny face" and he would do this every time! It makes me laugh every time I look at it!


It's a good thing this past week has been nice. This next week will be extra stressful! We've already got most of our things boxed up. We are hoping to close on the house on Wednesday, but since it's a bank owned home, it'll take the bank a few days longer to sign the closing papers. It's a little frustrating to not have a set date to move in yet. But either way, Nick has to be there by next Friday for CPR certification. Orientation starts the next Monday. Hopefully I'll join him with all our stuff by then!

6 comments:

Marsha Lueck said...

Okey cuz! Where are you moving here in Vegas? When are you arriving and do you guys need any help? Call me 702-883-6095
Can't wait to have more family closer!!!

Teacher Mama said...

Topher was telling me how sad he is that Nick is moving. We are sad to see you go. By the way, Logan and Owen look like they could be brothers.

Corinne said...

Owen is so dang cute. That face is so funny! It was fun to work with you again even if it was only for a couple of days. Good luck with the move!

Chris & Breanne Coccimiglio said...

I am gonna miss you! It was so fun working with you and getting to know you. I totally am calling you the next time I'm in Vegas! Good luck with everything and call me when you are in town and we'll go to lunch or something. I am glad we can keep in touch throught this blog thing. :)

Emily said...

Looks like the family party was nice. I'm sad we missed it.

Good luck with the move!

Megan said...

It looks like you guys are having a lot of fun before your big move. That's awesome. Anyway, good luck with that and Nick good luck in school.