Friday, August 8, 2008


This is Owen's new favorite thing to do during bath time. He lines up his "Starting Lineups" on the edge of the tub and knocks them down, then does it again.

There is a neat story to these football guys, too. Nick collected them when he was 6 or 7 years old, and when he outgrew playing with them, he gave them to his nephew. Now his nephew is living in Michigan, and is in high school. Well, one day they showed up here in the mail! His mom was getting rid of old toys and remembered how Nick loved them, and thought she'd give them back so Owen could enjoy them, too. I was really excited about that, because not many parents save toys that they played with when they were young, for their kids to play with. At least we didn't. I am glad to have these for posterity (and Nick's love of football to pass on to his children).

(p.s. Our camera is still broken from Owen throwing it down. Luckily we have an old camera to use in the meantime, but it only has 3.2 mega pixels. Who thought of making a camera with only 3.2 mega pixels? Why not round it up to 4, at least?)

2 comments:

Chris & Breanne Coccimiglio said...

How cute! That is so funny! I think that is so cute and Owen will probably think that is cool when he is older that he had the same football toys as Nick! Owen is so cute! I have never seen him in real life but all the pics of him are so adorable. You should bring him in before you guys leave. :)

Teacher Mama said...

The only toys I have of Topher's are his glass Winnie the Pooh figurines. They are useless to a 1 year old. Owen looks like such a happy baby.