Tuesday, October 29, 2013


On a beautiful fall Sunday a week ago we decided to take the kids on a hike through the woods.







They loved it and are asking to go all the time.  We will have to before the snow comes!


I drive past out new house almost everyday to check on the progress.  We will be able to move in either just before or just after Thanksgiving.  We are so excited!


We laid the sod ourselves a couple weeks ago to save some big bucks.  Actually Nick and 2 friends did it all while I took the kids to a soccer game.  We got back just in time to see them finish.


We are excited about this big beautiful backyard.  We have also already planted a few raspberry plants that Nick bought from a patient who was clearing some out of his yard.  I also found an old vintage picnic table for sale on the side of the road one day and bought it and had it put in the backyard already.


Last Saturday Nick had scout camp training all day so I put the kids bikes and scooters in the back of the car and took them to the city beach park to ride around.


The weather was perfect!  The fall is so beautiful here.


In the fall the water level from Sand Creek goes way low so lots of the beach is exposed where the kids used to swim.  They were excited they could walk out to where they used to swim to the boundary logs.


And they sat, to reminisce of warmer days in the sun at the beach.


Fall colors across the lake.


Path out to the pier.


Their silly picture!


We have been to the lake beach too many times to count this summer, and never knew that on the other side there was a Statue of Liberty!  How funny! 


Mia is now 7 weeks and getting better at smiling and cooing at us.


I don't know what this face was about, but I am glad I caught it on camera! 


Owen loves to hold his baby sister, and asks to everyday.  Even when she is being fussy and I need a moment to get something done, like go to the bathroom or work on dinner, I will ask Owen to hold her and he does a great job.  He has even put her to sleep for me a few times.  He rocks!





No comments: