Owen had a birthday and now he is 7! His birthday was just 10 days after Mia was born. I knew I wasn't going to be up to hosting a kid party for him, so we gave him a few options we could do as a family. He chose to go to Triple Play in Coeur d'Alene. Nana and Papa were in town so they joined in celebrating while I stayed home to take care of the tiny new one. This place has so many fun things to do, Owen had a hard time choosing. Good thing he got to do most all of them! Here they are on the bumper boats.
And here is Owen after. His daddy bumped his boat right into a waterfall and he got soaked!
They played miniature golf, one of Owen's favorites.
They got to go bowling.
They even got to ride go karts!
It was certainly his lucky day. He got the jackpot in the arcade and won 1000 tickets!
Our happy guy!
On his actual birthday he got to open presents and eat cake and ice cream.
He chose a batman cake, too. Similar to the one he had when he turned 5
but a lot more simplified, for my sake.
We sure are lucky to have this boy. I was just telling him today that Heavenly Father sent him to me first because he knew I needed a big helper. Owen is such a great helper, good at helping me keep Teslyn in line, pretty good at doing what is asked and when, and he has a kind and loving heart. He really loves his new baby sister and asks to hold her daily. He is smart and is doing great in second grade, especially reading and math. I can't believe how fast he is growing up. But I also can't wait to see what kind of a handsome young man he will grow up to be!
No comments:
Post a Comment