Saturday, October 26, 2013

This little lady is 4 years old!


She is super cute and fun and says things to make us laugh almost every day.  She has a very sweet and kind heart, but also a very strong will.  She was excited when I found her birthday crown, the one she has worn every birthday since she turned one!  I think we will keep the tradition as long as she will let me.


I asked her what kind of birthday cake she wanted, and expected to hear some sort of princess cake or something.  Nope!  She wanted a chocolate cake with pink strawberry frosting with sprinkles and heart candy on it. This girl knows what she wants.  And it sounded good to me!


We couldn't find candy hearts this time of year, so we found pink shiny sixlet candies.  I let her do most of the decorating, and she loved it.  I made cream cheese frosting and added strawberry jam to flavor it and turn it pink.


Here is the finished product.  The birthday cake that dreams are made of for this 4 year old!


Another birthday tradition is waking up to a room full of balloons.


Her birthday was a really busy day.  Owen had soccer practice and Nick had scouts, so I ended up taking the kids to dinner and playing at McDonalds playplace until Nick got home.  It was late when we got around to cake and presents, but it was worth the wait!


Special birthday girl.


Since little baby Mia was born recently, we did birthday parties a bit more simple this year.  We let Teslyn pick where she wanted to celebrate, just like we did for Owen last month.  She picked a place called Jump For Joy so that's what we did the Saturday before her birthday.


They had a blast, and a good workout!




No comments: