Friday, February 7, 2014

Now that we feel settled in our new home, the holidays are over and real life is on cruise control, it's time to update the blog.  Let me list it here so I don't forget what we've been up to since I posted last: Halloween, moved into new home, Thanksgiving & Mia's blessing in Utah, Christmas, lots of snow, growing kids.  I am sure I will remember more as I go through pictures.  So let's start where I left off!

Teslyn was a cute little jack-o-lantern and Owen insisted on being Spyro, a Skylander.  If you didn't know, that is the new big video game in a little boy's world.


 Right after school we went trick-or-treating with some friends in all the cute little shops "downtown."


Mia came along for the ride and slept for us.


After dinner we left Mia with daddy and I took Owen and Teslyn trick-or-treating to the fun neighborhoods.


I love Halloween and get excited about the houses that are really into it as well.


There is something about running through crunchy leaves on a crisp cool night in the dark.  To me, that is Halloween.  Sure, there's candy, but the hunt for it is more fun than the candy itself. My kids are good about surrendering the candy at the end of the night, then rationing it until they forget about it.  A couple months later it is found and then thrown away.


The kids thought it was pretty funny that Mia was "trying to eat the candy!" because her hand was in the bowl. She was not even 2 months then.


No comments: