- Here is that pie recipe for those who are interested. It's really easy, and I followed the recipe exactly. It helped that I had a frozen pie crust in my freezer!
**I have updated this recipes since I've posted it. For my own benefit mainly, but just in case anyone else out there makes it.
- Caramel Apple Pie
- 1 9-inch unbaked pie shell
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 6 cups thinly sliced tart green apples (If you are using a store-bought frozen pie crust like the Marie Callender ones I like, I found that 4 medium apples fills it well. Any kind.)
- 1/2 cup caramel topping (Add one tablespoon of flour and mix well. It keeps the pie from being too runny when it bakes.)
- Crumb Topping:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup firm butter
- Preheat oven to 400*F (205*C).
- Combine sugar, flour and cinnamon. Toss with the prepared apples in a large bowl. Spoon apple mixture into unbaked pie shell then drizzle the caramel topping over the top.
- Combine flour, pecans, brown sugar and butter in medium bowl until crumbly. Sprinkle evenly over apple mixture (I pat all of it on top so it stays well, because there is a lot) and bake in the middle of the oven for 45 to 50 minutes or until golden brown (bake on a cookie sheet, it tends to ooze over). Cool for 1 hour before slicing. (I like to bake it covered in foil for 40-45 minutes, then remove foil and bake for 15 more minutes. This way the apples get soft enough, and the topping and crust doesn't burn)
- Best served warm with vanilla ice cream!
2 comments:
Um. I want to eat that right now. You are amazing! New baby and already tackling a pie. You're my hero.
Sounds yummy...I can't believe you're baking pies right now, you domestic diva!
Post a Comment