Congratulations to the UNLV Dental School class of 2012! Their white coat ceremony was last Monday night. It's mainly a symbolic ceremony marking the transition from being studying dental students to practicing dental students. They will get to see their own patients within the next semester, or two I guess.
We were very lucky that Nick's mom and step-dad were able to come to this, and spend the rest of the week with us!

As his white coat was put on him and he walked off stage, the image of him becoming a professional, a doctor of dentistry, became more of a reality for me. And he looked like one!

Nick with two of the biggest supporters he could ever have! We sure love them!
Today we had some playtime at the park with grandma, grandpa, and cousins' Jackson and Savanna.

Owen has a little Dora kite we've been waiting to fly. Today was definitely windy enough! This is the only shot of it. I was moving as fast as I could to get my camera to get a closer one, but by the time I did, Owen was done and ran up the big hill.
As his white coat was put on him and he walked off stage, the image of him becoming a professional, a doctor of dentistry, became more of a reality for me. And he looked like one!
Nick with two of the biggest supporters he could ever have! We sure love them!
Some friends went bowling last week and we couldn't make it, so ever since then Owen has been begging us to take him bowling. He was so excited when grandma and grandpa agreed to take us! I was really sad when I realized I forgot my camera. Owen would not let anyone help him. He had to pick up the big heavy ball, by himself, and roll is down the lane on his own, usually only hitting 1 or 2 pins. But he was so happy about it! He keeps asking when he can "play bowling" again. We'll have to go more often.
7 comments:
Nick totally looks like a dentist. That's great that he'll be able to work with patients soon. Love the white coat!
That's a BIG step! I remember when my big brother made that transition...its fun when they get to start seeing patients.
Tell Nick congrats for me. That is so great!
Congratulations to Nick (and Rebecca)! What a sweet feeling that must have been to witness and experience that event. All that hard work is paying off! Keep up the good work, you are making some serious headway!!!! And we are cheering for you!
Congrats bro. I'm very proud of you dude. I hope that things start slowing down a bit now and you start having a little more fun and less book work.
That is so exciting! I bet he glad! His parents are so cute! I am so glad everything is going good! I love the pics below of Owen making valentines! So Cute!
Way to go "Dr. Miller", that's great!
Post a Comment