Saturday, February 7, 2009

"Mama, my hands are dirty."


Really?
What kind of little boy is this? Aren't little boys supposed to love playing in the mud and getting dirty? Not this one, apparently. But I can be okay with that.


I always loved jumping on the trampoline during/after rain, but Owen isn't so fond of the slippery splashing. Yet.

We just bought two little plants for our yard and Nick planted them today after his 5 hour study session (yes, the last hour was in the bath tub). This one is a little Rosemary bush! I didn't know it, but they grow well here, and smell great. I want to learn to make Italian Rosemary bread with it, to dip in balsamic vinegar and oil. Yum.

And a little palm tree! I've been wanting one since we moved in, and this is about what we could afford. It should be fun to see how much it will grow within the next 3 1/2 years, though!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Oh, and by the way, digital camera #3 is now broken. (The replacement to the one that the server broke.) I told you we have bad luck with cameras. And after the fiasco with getting the last one replaced, I am about ready to give up. This most recent one broke while in my purse, somehow. And I didn't know it until I pulled it out today to try and use. All the photos above were taken with my camera phone. Maybe I should just invest in a nice new camera phone. They seem to hold up a lot better.

3 comments:

Kris said...

The plants are so cute! I'm so jealous that you guys have a backyard. We hope to get one soon. As for the camera...that sucks! I hope you can find a replacement soon (whether that be a new camera or a camera phone).

Corinne said...

your backyard is looking great. i love the palm tree too. i am still impressed that you laid all of that sod! that is great that there are so many kids owens age in your ward. we have a playgroup here too and we love it!

Ariana said...

Yay for plants!! (and husbands who plant them! haha) We haven't seen our yard since the beginning of december, and I am beginning to doubt that it really exists.

Preston is like Owen--not a fan of being dirty. Or sticky, or wet. But he loves to color on his hand with a marker, go figure! :)