The weather has been so great, it's the perfect time to get some grass in the back yard for Owen. I want it to have some time to acclimate before the heat of the summer comes. This is a before picture I took shortly after we moved in, in September. The grass was so fried. We started watering it, but the only thing that grew was weeds.
This was yesterday after I ripped out all the dead sod. It came up pretty easy.
I thought I'd wait for Saturday to buy and lay the sod, but Nick told me he'd be too busy at school studying. So what the heck, I decided to do it today, and get it over with. It would have been nice to have a truck for times like this.
The guy loading our car at Star Nursery got a kick out of us. I had to put Owen in the front seat so there would be enough room for it to fit in back.
At this point I was a little intimidated with the task at hand.
Those pieces of grass are dang heavy! I had to carry them one at a time. Luckily we have a tiny backyard, and there were only 40 pieces of sod (only?!?!?) Nevertheless, it took less than 2 1/2 hours to get it all down. I've helped lay sod once many years ago in Alaska, so I had an idea of how to do it. Nick got to come home to a green backyard. The finished (almost) product:
Now, what do I do with this mess?
12 comments:
Holly crap Rebbeca! Thats awesome. lol I swear, only Nick could get away with having his wife do the dirty work in the back yard and he come and check on the progress. :)- jk It looks awesome!
Way to go Rebecca! You should get into landscaping. I don't know if I could have done that all on my own. I'm very impressed. Oh and by the way....it looks great!
I am seriously impressed!! I have a back yard that is in serious need of help but I get so overwhelmed even looking at it. It's big, rocky, and un-even! I know it's not even something I'd consider doing on my own. GOOD WORK!!! And nice knees. LOL
Um, you are my hero.
Josh came home today and was like, "guess what Rebecca did yesterday?" I couldn't believe it! Way to go.
Seriously, you go!
That's so cool! It looks great. You'll have to water it like crazy to keep it that color, right? Luckily it's a small area. Who knew that they spray sod green? That seems a little devious to me!
I'm so jealous of your warm sunny weather! I want green grass in January.
Oh man! You did that all by yourself! You go super woman! I laid sod once when I was landscaping....it is THE MOST MISERABLE job!! Those stupid rolls are so heavy, you come out filthy, and on your knees all day. The day I did it, it rained all day (of course, oregon) so I was completely caked in mud. Bleck. Nick is a lucky guy to have a wife do sod!
Wow I am impressed! I would never take on a project like that by myself! Way to go Rebecca!
You are so funny! You are tough! I couldn't do that by myself! Now I see why you were so busy! I am impressed! It was a crazy day for ya. Next time I'll give you more notice so we can get together!
Post a Comment