Owen got a new purple cast today.
The ER Dr. in Utah told us to take Owen to his pediatrician or somebody when we got back to Vegas. We've never "seen anybody" here, so I randomly picked a pediatrician for Owen. So far we like her. Each patient room has toys in it! Anyway, she didn't like the soft splint cast that the ER put on, so she referred us to an orthopedic. The orthopedic office was great, too. The waiting room had little laptops with the internet for people to use. And in each patient room there's a tv with satellite. Owen got to watch Wonder Pets and Dora while we were there. They took more x-rays, and discovered that his fracture is healing, but they don't want to take any chances with such a little kids' arm. The Dr. said it will heal up better and faster with a hard cast. I felt good about that. It gave me piece of mind. We were worried about his arm and the way the ER Dr's were so uncertain about the healing period of it. One Dr. said a month, then another said a week to ten days. This orthopedic doctor is great though. Owen needs to go back in another week to have it x-rayed again, and hopefully the cast can come off after that. Then we'll see how long we can keep it off. It's been what...... 18 months since the last break? He's not even very wild for a little boy. Just unlucky.
The ER Dr. in Utah told us to take Owen to his pediatrician or somebody when we got back to Vegas. We've never "seen anybody" here, so I randomly picked a pediatrician for Owen. So far we like her. Each patient room has toys in it! Anyway, she didn't like the soft splint cast that the ER put on, so she referred us to an orthopedic. The orthopedic office was great, too. The waiting room had little laptops with the internet for people to use. And in each patient room there's a tv with satellite. Owen got to watch Wonder Pets and Dora while we were there. They took more x-rays, and discovered that his fracture is healing, but they don't want to take any chances with such a little kids' arm. The Dr. said it will heal up better and faster with a hard cast. I felt good about that. It gave me piece of mind. We were worried about his arm and the way the ER Dr's were so uncertain about the healing period of it. One Dr. said a month, then another said a week to ten days. This orthopedic doctor is great though. Owen needs to go back in another week to have it x-rayed again, and hopefully the cast can come off after that. Then we'll see how long we can keep it off. It's been what...... 18 months since the last break? He's not even very wild for a little boy. Just unlucky.
8 comments:
That is so sad! I don't know what I would do if my kids broke her arm! I would most likely freak out more than her! I love the old pictures too!
Poor kiddo. Looks like he's in pretty good spirits, though. I had a broken arm when I was 2. So that's something Owen and I can bond over someday. :)
I'm glad you were able to find some good doctors in the area. I never like trying to find new ones because you never know how good they'll be. I hope the cast can come off soon.
OOOH!Poor little guy! He looks tough though! Happy New Year!
He must be a tough little guy. Its funny though, all the little kids I've known (younger than 3) who have broken something has always been little boys and no girls. LOL-unlucky, clutsy, or just wild kids those boys are prone to some broken bones and cuts I guess. He's such a cute little guy.
Poor Owen. Is your orthopaedic doctor, Dr. Camp? My OBGYN is Dr. George Foster. He's the only one I've been to, but I like him so far. He's nice and gets me in and out of there. The other doctors in his practice are women (Miller & Turner) and are more "popular" and usually have longer wait times.
Poor guy! Glad it's healing though....and that you found a good doctor.
Oh poor little Owen!! Looks like he's taking it like a champ though!
We miss you guys! Looks like you had a fun christmas:)
Post a Comment