Saturday, October 18, 2008

Well, autumn is very different here than back home. It has cooled off a bit (about 20 degrees, but it's still 80) but other than that, fall is not in the air. I am missing the colorful leaves, the cool crisp air, and harvesting whatever is left in my moms garden. But we still find ways to enjoy the changing season, and the upcoming holidays! A family in our ward hosted a pumpkin patch festival today, and Owen had a lot of fun.

I wasn't really sure if people grew pumpkins here, because there aren't many gardens. Things just don't grow very big and flourish well in the desert! But this family had a cute little pumpkin patch in their backyard, along with more trees and grass that I've seen outside of a park!


Owen had fun putting sprinkles and candy corn on his cookie, but then just took them off to eat.


And the pumpkin wasn't the only thing we came home with! Pomegranates do grow well in this climate! This yard had several trees brimming full of them! I was so excited when I saw that! I am planning to make my grandma's pomegranate apple salad to go with Sunday dinner tomorrow.

3 comments:

Kris said...

I'm glad you guys were able to find a pumpkin patch and have some fun. I love pomegranates too!

Lindsay said...

Hey Rebecca! This is Lindsay Bagley (well Ferguson now :). I saw your blog through Jamie Teerlink's. You have such a cute family and I can't believe how big your little guy is, last time we talked he was just a baby. I didn't realize you were in Vegas, what an adventure for you and your husband. We have a blog too but I set it to private a while back, but I'd love to keep in touch! So if you could send me your email address to lindsayferguson226@gmail.com I will send you a blog invite. Take cake, see you on the blogs! :)

Megan said...

I love that salad! I can't have thanksgiving without it.