Summertime tends to be super busy for everyone, and it has been for us so far! I hope everyone had a great 4th of July! We had a very fun one. This post may get a little long and full of pictures, but since it's pretty much a journal for me, I like to document things that we do.

We drove up to the Tri-Cities area in Washington to spend time with mom & Doug Moore (Nick's mom and step-dad). They are serving a mission there. We got to hang out and be with them for 9 days! It was great. We did a lot of fun things, and here are a few!
We spend a night mid-week at a beautiful place called Skamania Lodge in Stevenson, Washington, just off the Columbia River. It's surrounded by forest and a really nice golf course.
The next day we drove to a dam just down the river, and went inside a building where you can see the salmon running upriver through some windows. It was very cool! I even got Owen to pose in front of this salmon.

This is the window that looks into the Columbia River to see the Salmon "running" up the "stairs" that take them through the dam.
We also went to a nearby fish hatchery where there are ponds of fish all over. This is me and Owen in front of a huge sturgeon. It was a really beautiful place also!
Owen was a trooper in the car with all the driving we did!
We spent one day exploring the agricultural side of Washington! We went to a dairy and saw how they brought the cows in and hooked them up to the machines to be milked. It was really fascinating. These cows are milked 3 times a day, every single day! I am glad I am not a cow.
We also saw an egg laying factory. This building holds 240,000 chickens, stacked on each other in these tiny cages. They lay about 140,000 eggs a day. This is where your eggs come from! I am glad I am not a chicken. These never see daylight. When I saw them, I thought about how lucky my moms chickens are, roaming in her backyard, laying free range eggs in their spacious coop.
Owen got lots of playtime. Here he is testing the water at an aqua park.
He loved splashing and throwing rocks in the Columbia River.
He loves the slides.

Nick and Owen both loved riding the dolphin that grandma & grandpa bought!
Our good friends Jason and Shalise drove 4 1/2 hours down from Bellingham to come hang out with us! We are so glad they did. We had a ton of fun and it was so good to get to see them. This is us feeding the geese by the Columbia River.
We also stopped at the Columbia River Washington Temple for some pictures. The temple was closed for cleaning though.

Oh, I can't forget the fun pedicure Shalise and I got. Good idea Shalise!
Thanks mom & Doug (nana & papa) for the great time! We love you and miss you already!
We drove up to the Tri-Cities area in Washington to spend time with mom & Doug Moore (Nick's mom and step-dad). They are serving a mission there. We got to hang out and be with them for 9 days! It was great. We did a lot of fun things, and here are a few!
This is the window that looks into the Columbia River to see the Salmon "running" up the "stairs" that take them through the dam.
5 comments:
It looks like you guys had a great time. I'm glad you guys were able to spend some time with Jason and Shalise.
Looks like you guys had a great time:) Hopefully this weekend you'll find your home..Good Luck!
What great fun! I always wanted to go to Skamania Lodge....it's supposed to be a great place. Glad you had a fun trip! (and that you are neither a cow or chicken!) :)
Cute! I could just steal Owen. He is so dang cute! Looks like you guys had fun! Good luck trying to find a house this week! Hopefully something will pop up. We'll miss you at work this week though. :)
It was so fun to see you guys. Way worth the drive. Thanks again for going to get a pedicure with me. Good Luck with the house hunt.
Post a Comment