This is a post about our last days in Great Falls. It was a pretty busy time, trying to get the house packed up and clean while I was feeling huge, tired and sore. But we did it! I made it a point to get the kids out to do something fun each day. This is a view behind my neighborhood that I will miss. The rolling green hills, and the Missouri River just below to the left. Our scenery has changed for sure!
I took the kids to one of my favorite parks for the last time to get some more scenery shots, including one with my belly. I think I was 27 or 28 weeks along here. I am not a big fan of the belly shots. I don't like feeling or looking huge.
It was a beautiful day and there was a mini thunderstorm rolling in which was exciting for the kids.
I mentioned a chore chart we made for the summer. One of their Saturday jobs was to help daddy in the yard. Here are the kids pulling weeds. Or playing in the dirt.
It's hard to see Teslyn way down the sidewalk, but we went on our almost daily 1 mile bike ride/walks through the neighborhood. It was a perfect neighborhood for that.
Owen is really into dinosaurs, fish, and most nature related stuff lately. We checked out this dinosaur book from the library and he insisted on copying as much as he could word for word before we had to return the book before the move.
So we've had this scooter in our garage for the past almost 5 years. We bought it in Utah before dental school on an online auction. We didn't feel safe riding it on the Vegas streets so it stayed in storage there. The month before we moved to Idaho we started to think about the forgotten, neglected scooter and if we should sell or keep it. Nick and his good buddy decided to work on it to get it running perfectly again, with intention to sell it. Once it was good to go, we took the kids on some rides, and they didn't want to see it sold.
I even have a lot of fun riding it. And when Nick was at work I hated leaving one kid behind to wait by themselves while the other rode, so I would just take them both! They had so much fun, it was hilarious.
Teslyn isn't so good at waiting her turn.
One day while I was washing windows, the firemen in their big truck came by to test the fire hydrants. It's always fun to see that much water almost flood the street.
We spent several days a week at the splash park since the pools weren't open yet. On one cooler day, we headed to play mini golf at our favorite place one last time.
We had some great rainstorms. It's impossible to keep my kids dry. If not the rain, then the sprinkler or hose.
We spotted this guy in our backyard. Not quite sure what it was, but it was afraid of us and couldn't climb the fence. It eventually found a way around.
We worked and played hard, by the very last day of cleaning the kids were wiped out. With nowhere to crash but the floors. We didn't realize they were asleep until we wondered why it was so quiet.
Owen in the living room, Teslyn in the master bedroom.
2 comments:
What in the world is that animal?! It's cute, whatever it is. I would like one to keep. ;)
Was it this?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coypu
Post a Comment