This is just before leaving our Great Falls home to head to a hotel for the last night in town. Nick driving this huge big moving truck and towing his car, while I drove our other car, towing a pretty long trailer.
The next morning it was so long to Great Falls, Montana! Very bittersweet. We didn't think we would be leaving so soon, and didn't think it would be so hard to say goodbye to the friends we've made in the short year there. There are some really amazing people that I admire and will cherish friendships with forever.
Having said that, we are up for an adventure and look forward to what awaits us! Nick found an opportunity in Sandpoint, Idaho with some great benefits including tuition reimbursement, the biggest attraction. We can pay off student loans a couple years faster. And it doesn't hurt that it is a super beautiful place!
Here we go, leaving the green hills and buttes of the surrounding Montana plains. One of my views the entire way was of the moving truck towing Nick's car. We were only slightly concerned it may roll off its trailer. We attached it ourselves.
Owen chose to ride in the big truck with Nick. I thought he would get bored and switch to my car so he could watch movies and play with Tes, but I guess the view up high won out. He rode there the entire 6 hour drive. We did make 2 stops to fuel and eat.
Here is Teslyn crying after she was holding a toy out her open window and the wind blew it out of her hand. She was heart broken and wanted me to go back. There was no way. Especially when I found out it was just a dollar store water frisbee. We cut our losses.
I did take pictures as I drove. I was careful. It was fun to see the scenery start to change and I wanted to document it.
Our favorite route to Sandpoint from Great Falls is mostly on the 200 highway. We didn't take the I-90 all the way because we wanted to avoid the huge mountains, and we think this way is a bit faster and more beautiful.
So many lakes, rivers and streams. As we got closer to Idaho it became more forested.
Teslyn did pretty well the entire ride by herself, but I was relieved when she fell asleep the last hour of the drive.
Here we are approaching Sandpoint in the rain, nearing our new home sweet home!
3 comments:
What an exciting adventure! Love the scenery, hope you enjoy your new home!!
It looks so beautiful! I hope you guys really love it. I think I want to move there, too.
Ask my mom about losing her dolly blanket out the window while going around the point of the mountain when she was little. Traumatized for life. :)
Post a Comment