Tuesday, July 17, 2012


We had a really fun family home evening last night.  I found an ice cream recipe on Pinterest that claimed to be just like a Frosty from Wendy's.  We had the ingredients, so we decided to give it a try.


It had been a long time since we've made ice cream, so we were really excited to bring the ice cream machine out from hiding.

 
Here is a happy family picture I took while we were waiting for the ice cream to finish churning.

And the finished product.....just like a Wendy's Frosty!  We were really surprised at how good it was, even the texture was pretty close to the same.  It is definitely a recipe that I will keep and be making again.  It's actually the best homemade chocolate ice cream that I've attempted. And so ridiculously easy too.

Here is the recipe, if you are interested!

Half gallon of chocolate milk
14 oz can of sweetened condensed milk
8 oz tub of cool whip

Combine all ingredients in large bowl and beat together with hand mixer.  Pour into ice cream machine and freeze according to machine directions.  

So easy, huh!  I have to admit that I didn't stick to the directions completely.  About a cup of our chocolate milk had been drunk, and I had a few ounces of heavy cream so I used that to replace the missing chocolate milk.  I was concerned that the chocolate flavor wouldn't be strong enough for me, so I also dumped in about 4 heaping tablespoons of Nesquick chocolate powder.  But I would have probably done that anyway. :)  We ate about half last night, and enjoyed some more for dessert tonight. 

1 comment:

Kara said...

I remember that ice cream maker from Bunko at your house a long time ago! I recently borrowed an ice cream maker from a friend and I'll have to try that recipe next! Thanks for sharing! You guys look so happy up there! I'm jealous!