Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Time to back up a little bit.  In case you didn't know, Owen graduated from kindergarten, back in June!!  It feels a lot longer than one month ago, so much has happened since then.




His class had a cute little program with lots of songs.




 
 
Owen had a great year and I really am proud of how he has grown, what he has accomplished and learned.  And it all went by so fast!!  He had a really great teacher, Mrs. Hance.


A lot has gone on in the past two whirlwind months.  I will try to highlight a few of the many great things we've been up to.  Back in May I had a really nice mother's day.  I wanted to post a picture of this delicious breakfast my sweet husband made for me while I slept in.  Crepes are one of his specialties!


I hosted a baby shower for a friend in my ward.  I love parties and all the food and friends involved!

 
We went to lots of pool parties and play dates with friends.




 
 We spent a lot of time at this pool with our dear friends, who we are missing!  Here are two brave boys, Owen and his best buddy Jackson.


We got to go to Eli's cool Star Wars birthday party.


Lots of playtime with close friends.  Teslyn and Adalynn are so cute together!


 We took a quick trip up to Utah to see my brother Danny marry his sweetheart Mindy!  They are so perfect for each other.  It was such a fun day!

  
While we were there we got to meet my sweet nephew Jackson.  He and his mommy, my sister Amy, and his daddy Ryan are one special family we don't get to see often enough.  They live too far away in Florida!


So, back in Las Vegas, it was go-time!  We boxed up our entire house and stored it in a friends garage for a couple weeks so we could get out of our house in time for some great renters we found.  Before leaving town with our kids, we wanted to take them to see the Las Vegas Temple.  In the 4 years we lived there, we never took them to see it!  


 They had fun exploring the grounds, but it was so hot we didn't stay too long.


We spent almost a week in St. George while we were homeless.  Father's day after church we took the kids to see the St. George temple too.  This picture is hilarious, I snapped it right as Teslyn was getting ready for a big sneeze!


We explored the visitors center there.  The kids were excited to see this big Jesus!



After dinner we made sugar cookie fruit pizzas for daddy's Father's day dessert.


 From St. George we split ways.  Nick headed back to Vegas to work his last few days at the dental school, while the kids and I headed north to hang out at my parents house in Draper.  We had fun and stayed busy playing with cousins, but it went by all too fast.  I left our kids with my parents one night while I took a quick trip back to Las Vegas with a trailer to help Nick get all our stuff.   


 We are so blessed to have such great friends, willing to rearrange their schedules and vacations so that they could help us out!  We couldn't have done it without every single one of them.  We already miss them!!  Here we go, Nick driving the moving truck and towing his car while I drive his parents Cayenne, pulling the trailer. 


 Au revoir, Las Vegas!!  Hasta la vista!!


Hello, great and beautiful land of the north!!  (And this is just Nephi, Utah!!)


1 comment:

Kara said...

I cant believe you guys are gone! Sorry we didn't get to say goodbye or help with the move! I'm sure you are LOVIN' life up north and I'm happy for you! I hope we can stay in touch.