Thursday, November 17, 2011

I realized we haven't done anything really photo worthy lately and its been a while since I've taken pictures of the kids. I decided to take some just for fun, to show what we are up to.

Teslyn loves to color and will fill up a coloring book in a matter of days. It's just scribbles, but its very fun for her. She also loves snipping away at paper with little safety scissors. She hasn't done any real damage yet, so I let her do her thing. Hopefully she stays away from her hair.

Owen is a happy kindergartener. I got to sit in on his class today for 30 minutes as a parent involvement day. It was really great to see exactly what is going on. He is getting better and better at writing and can read more words everyday, it seems. Each day he is good he brings home a green ticket, and if he's super good he gets a gold coin. When he has 5 gold coins he can turn them in for a trip to the teacher's treasure box. He's done that once so far.

We are trying to take advantage of the great weather before it gets too cool. But even then, there won't be snow so we can still get out a lot. I am going to miss winter here. I am sure we will be snow-bound next winter! It's still a mystery where we will end up after Nick graduates in May. I am just excited that we are getting closer to that milestone!


No comments: