We attempted to check the mail today. When I told Owen the puddle was too big for me to cross, he said he would do it. So we went back home to grab his rain boots.

Here he goes.

This is about when he stopped and started to bawl. It was a strong current, and colder than he thought. He isn't very adventurous, so I was surprised he wanted to attempt. The water was starting to get his pants wet and go in his boots.

He made it across, and it took a while to persuade him to come back through it. There was no other way back. And there was no way I was going to get my shoes wet to get him! Oh, and I didn't even give him the mailbox key because I did this totally for the photo op. I didn't know it was going to be so traumatic.

He reluctantly head back through the puddle. He knew he had to in order to get into the warm car waiting at the other side.

Yes, we have had a lot of rain. It started hailing a little bit as we drove back home too. I will enjoy it while it lasts, because it might not happen again! Ever!
6 comments:
Crazy water! What a brave little guy Owen is.
I love SO many things about this. I love that Owen has rain boots in the first place. I love that you did it solely for the photo op. I LOVE that you were unwilling to get your own shoes wet to rescue him!
I think it is actually colder in Vegas than it is in Portland! Wow!
That's some crazy water! Poor Owen!
that is hilarious!! i love it!! he is so brave, you will always be safe with him by your side!!
I showed Ella this picture and she said she wanted to go visit Owee and see this big puddle. I have a feeling it won't be there by the time we make it down there to visit :) Neat pictures though!
The picture in front of the mailboxes is so classic. It almost tops my other favorite one of Owen with the pirate patch and undies on the trampoline ;)
Post a Comment