This is what was for dinner tonight:

There are 2 meals that I can make consistently without recipes. And that's because I haven't found recipes to match the taste I am going for. So I have come up with my own take on stroganoff and chicken noodle soup. I made the soup tonight, not because the weather warranted it, but because I have a sick husband. And I have been craving it lately, and needed an excuse to make it. I've got recipes on the brain because I have just submitted at least 8 of my favorites to my mom's ward cook book. I haven't been in the ward since last year, but I am still on their email list, so why not. And I love ward cook books. The chicken noodle soup and stroganoff will not be featured in them though. I would have a hard time putting down in writing my exact measurements. I go by taste mostly. And what ingredients I have on hand. I guess I could try.
There are 2 meals that I can make consistently without recipes. And that's because I haven't found recipes to match the taste I am going for. So I have come up with my own take on stroganoff and chicken noodle soup. I made the soup tonight, not because the weather warranted it, but because I have a sick husband. And I have been craving it lately, and needed an excuse to make it. I've got recipes on the brain because I have just submitted at least 8 of my favorites to my mom's ward cook book. I haven't been in the ward since last year, but I am still on their email list, so why not. And I love ward cook books. The chicken noodle soup and stroganoff will not be featured in them though. I would have a hard time putting down in writing my exact measurements. I go by taste mostly. And what ingredients I have on hand. I guess I could try.
5 comments:
Yes! Ward cookbooks are fun. Your soup looks good........I better not look too long or I'll start craving soup! :)
Good grief you are amazing. It may not seem that special to be able to make something off the top of your head and using what you have around your house. I have NO cooking skills. I can make something if I have the directions, and every ingredient. Thats awesome! Good for you!
I wish I could cook like that. I rely completely on recipes! My husband laughs at me because I always put in the exact amount it calls for and measure EVERYTHING!
ward cookbooks are the best! i am like you i don't measure at all when i cook. i get my recipes from my mom and she never measures so she didn't know how much of this and that to tell me so i had to figure it out by taste too. you should send me some of your favorites i am always up for a good recipe!
That looks SO delicious!!!I think you should post a picture of your stroganoff too. Great post.
Post a Comment