Okay, here is the big news! We are having a baby girl! Yipeeee!!!! I am 18 weeks along right now, and due around October 22nd.
Nick was convinced early on that it was a girl, because I have been way more sick and somewhat emotional than I was when I was pregnant with Owen. And Owen has been saying he wants a baby sister, when we ask if he wants a brother or sister. He is going to be such a cute big brother! He has taken a liking to babies we have been around lately.
I have felt a bit of stress, worry and anxiety with this pregnancy. Is this normal? With Owen's pregnancy, everything was new and exciting. We got very lucky with a healthy happy baby boy. With this pregnancy, I have been worrying myself too much, thinking we got lucky the first time but now anything could be wrong with it. So, now I can put that behind me, and know that we have a healthy baby girl to look forward to! What a blessing.
It was hard to get a perfect look at the little girl parts, as she was curled up in a ball. The ultrasound tech had me roll around until she got a good enough view to call it a girl. Looked like one to me!
Nick was convinced early on that it was a girl, because I have been way more sick and somewhat emotional than I was when I was pregnant with Owen. And Owen has been saying he wants a baby sister, when we ask if he wants a brother or sister. He is going to be such a cute big brother! He has taken a liking to babies we have been around lately.
I have felt a bit of stress, worry and anxiety with this pregnancy. Is this normal? With Owen's pregnancy, everything was new and exciting. We got very lucky with a healthy happy baby boy. With this pregnancy, I have been worrying myself too much, thinking we got lucky the first time but now anything could be wrong with it. So, now I can put that behind me, and know that we have a healthy baby girl to look forward to! What a blessing.
It was hard to get a perfect look at the little girl parts, as she was curled up in a ball. The ultrasound tech had me roll around until she got a good enough view to call it a girl. Looked like one to me!
14 comments:
Yay! I am so excited for you guys! A girl will be so much fun after having a boy. Maybe I'll get lucky and have a girl too! I find out at my 18 week appointment in 4 weeks.
I'm glad you mentioned the anxiety you have been experiencing. It is totally normal! The same thing happened to me. I wasn't worried at all about my first baby because, like you said, everything was new and exciting. With my second, I already knew what to expect, so I had all that extra time on my hands to sit and worry about what could go wrong. It didn't help that I was taking a biology class where we were learning about chromosomal abnormalities during fetal development. Ugh! I hate to say it, but I'm even more worried about this 3rd baby! I won't feel relief until I give birth to a healthy baby in six months.
But don't worry, I'm sure everything is fine! Just hang in there and know that Heavenly Father is watching out for you and your new baby girl. Congratulations! :)
Congrats! That's so exciting. I'm sure you have nothing to worry about. Just enjoy your time with one kid- trust me! Sorry we haven't called to go to the park yet, we still don't get out much. But one of these days we'll have to get together. Hope you're feeling good.
Woohoo!!!! So exciting. Owen will be a fantastic big brother.
Congrats! I'm so excited for you. When I was pregnant with Brielle, I experienced a lot of anxiety and was constantly worried that something was wrong with her. So, I guess it can happen during any pregnancy. Girls are so much fun and I love knowing that I'm raising a future mother!! Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy. October births rock! ;-)
Congrats! Little girls are so much fun...That is so exciting:)
Congrats!How fun!
Girls are sooo fun, so different than boys...We are looking forward to her arrival!
Maybe, just maybe we'll see you sometime soon? You have been here what, almost a year??! We need to get together.
luv ya cuz!
I wish I would have read this before I went shopping today. I saw THE cutest outfit EVER but I didn't know anyone having a girl...shoot.
Congrats!!!
How exciting! Congrats :)
Oh my goodness! Congrats Rebecca and Nick! That is wonderful news.
Oh I am so excited for you guys! That is so exciting! Congrats!!! :)
Oh Rebecca! That is so neat that you are going to have one of each! Congratulations! Owen will be a darling brother.
I'm so excited for you!! Girls are so fun!
Congrats!!! How exciting!
Yay!!! Girls are so much fun! Congratulations!
Post a Comment