General Conference today was great. But by the time it was over, we knew we had to get this little boy out of the house for a little while for some wholesome family recreating. I gave him a few options: go to the park, go on a walk, or go for a hike. I was excited that he decided to go for a hike! This is the first time we've gone on a hike that he's been big enough to hike mostly on his own. Too bad I forgot the camera, but luckily Nick had his phone.
We decided to drive up to Red Rock Canyon. We haven't done any hiking there yet, but we found a trail and started to follow it.
It wasn't very long, but it was a lot of fun. We saw lizards, spring water, butterflies, a hawk, and heard toads (but couldn't find them).
Owen had fun, but needed a break from hiking on the way down. That was okay with daddy because he got the snuggles.
And daddy's birthday was this weekend!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY to an awesome daddy and husband. We love you so much!
Thanks for being so great and doing what you do for us.
It wasn't much of a cake, but that didn't matter because Nick doesn't really like cake anyway. I made it more for Owen's benefit. He loves to sing "Happy Birthday to You" and blow out the candles. You can see he is a very good helper. Oh, and Owen only wanted him to have two candles, because he himself is just 2 years old. How funny. Daddy is much, much older than that.
4 comments:
Cute Owen!!
Happy belated Birthday Nick!
The hiking looks like so much fun. Once it starts getting warmer around here, I'll have to find a few good hiking spots around here so when the kids just need to get out we have fun options like that. And happy birthday to Nick!
Happy birthday to your hubby! Owen is such a cute kid!!
Sounds like you guys had a fun filled weekend. I'm glad you enjoyed yourselves and it looks like Owen did a great job hiking!
Post a Comment