Sunday, June 15, 2008

I just got back from Las Vegas last night. The first day I was there, I spent from 8 am to 9 pm with the realtor. It was such a long day! We saw a lot of houses, and I found one that I really do like. It has a great floor plan, with big open rooms. It does, however, need a bit of work like you can expect from foreclosed and bank owned homes. Mostly just painting and cleaning carpet though, luckily. So we put an offer on it, but it takes about a week, give or take, to hear back from the bank to see whether they accept the offer. If they don't, then it's back to square one. I'll have to start this home search from scratch! They are actually starting to sell really fast in our price range. Many homes have multiple offers on them. So, we'll see how it goes!

This is the view from my plane window of the Las Vegas strip and downtown area. Las Vegas is huge! The home we put an offer on is on the northwest, and my sister-in-law Jamie lives in the southwest. Without traffic, it takes about 45 minutes to get from one house to the other. But there seems to be traffic more than there isn't.


This is Lake Mead. I've been boating there a few times, so that is someplace fun to look forward to spending time!

3 comments:

Marsha Lueck said...

So you got a little taste of Vegas aye?! Good luck on your home search, where are you mainly looking? We are not sure quite yet what our plans are as far as if we will be in Vegas long term or what... we will see, time can only tell for us.

Jason and Shalise Staples said...

Good Luck! I hope you get the house you want.

Teacher Mama said...

Vegas sounds like it is going to be a great adventure!