Last Monday we were at the mall, and Owen was pretty excited to see the carousel. I asked him if he wanted to ride on the zebra and he nodded his head. So, we bought a token and got on the ride. Nick took this picture with his cell phone right as we got on. Shortly after the ride started, Owen was getting pretty nervous at how high he was going and how fast it was. He started yelling "off!" and "go!" so I had to unbuckle him and hold him to see if he would calm down. The poor man that was attending the ride kept asking, "is he alright? Do you need to get off?" And I kept telling him, "no, he's fine" although he was almost screaming. I just felt bad for the one other little boy on the ride, trying to enjoy it by himself, and I didn't want his ride to be cut short or stopped in the middle. The attendant did give us our token back after we got off the ride. Maybe he felt bad. After we left, I felt bad for not turning around and giving that token to the other little boy on the ride, so he could enjoy another ride without the disruption from a crying baby. Anyway, I though it would be fun to take Owen to Lagoon this summer, but after this short experience, I doubt we'll make the effort to go until he is bigger and can enjoy the rides better. Although Nick and I would have fun!Wednesday, April 30, 2008
The Carousel Ride
Last Monday we were at the mall, and Owen was pretty excited to see the carousel. I asked him if he wanted to ride on the zebra and he nodded his head. So, we bought a token and got on the ride. Nick took this picture with his cell phone right as we got on. Shortly after the ride started, Owen was getting pretty nervous at how high he was going and how fast it was. He started yelling "off!" and "go!" so I had to unbuckle him and hold him to see if he would calm down. The poor man that was attending the ride kept asking, "is he alright? Do you need to get off?" And I kept telling him, "no, he's fine" although he was almost screaming. I just felt bad for the one other little boy on the ride, trying to enjoy it by himself, and I didn't want his ride to be cut short or stopped in the middle. The attendant did give us our token back after we got off the ride. Maybe he felt bad. After we left, I felt bad for not turning around and giving that token to the other little boy on the ride, so he could enjoy another ride without the disruption from a crying baby. Anyway, I though it would be fun to take Owen to Lagoon this summer, but after this short experience, I doubt we'll make the effort to go until he is bigger and can enjoy the rides better. Although Nick and I would have fun!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That is hilarious. Those are the kinds of stories that you want to remember to tell them about when they are older.
Post a Comment