Tuesday, May 20, 2014

 Hey look!  It's May and I am blogging about May.  What do you know, I caught up.  It's been an eventful month and it's not over yet!  Mia is 8 months old this month!


I love my tiny babies, but this is when they begin to be really cute and fun so I enjoy it the most.


She is starting just now to want to eat solid foods.  She does best when she can feed herself.  Just like her older siblings were.  Right now she is loving black beans, kidney beans, oatmeal, yogurt and frozen peas and blueberries the most.  Yes, she enjoys eating them frozen like her sister.


And then there's Teslyn.  Dear little Tessie.  She fell while she was riding Owen's scooter last week and broke her left arm.  Just a small fracture.  I knew it was broken the minute I heard her cry because she is usually such a tough girl, she handles her tumbles pretty well.  Her bumps and bruises all over her body attest to that.  2 more weeks of this cast, and she is handling it pretty well.

 
Owen is playing soccer again this spring.  He is doing really well and enjoys it a lot.  He is wearing the maroon shirt.


 We are going out of town and will miss a game, and he is heartbroken about it.


After soccer last Saturday he even helped us stain the fence.  He did a really good job!  Owen is an awesome kid.  He is really into reading lately. He also really enjoys nature shows that we watch as a family on Sundays, and cruising around the neighborhood on his bike.


Last weekend was also "Lost in the 50's" which is a big deal in this small town.   With a friends help (ok, she did most of it) we made this poodle skirt for Teslyn.  It turned out really cute and the kids both dressed the part.


We watched the parade with a bunch of friends from church.  The parade consisted of over an hour of old time cars, which was really more entertaining than it sounds.  I loved seeing the old guys and the pride they take in their old rides, and imagining them driving those as teenagers.  


 The best had to be this one.  It's a guy from our church, and his car shoots flames out the back!


 Here's Mia again.  Just so she can't say that I didn't take as many pictures of her as I did the older two.  She also likes this "green" smoothie I make which usually has kale and/or spinach in it.


 And she really enjoyed sucking on this mango seed the other night.


 Mother's day was a special day, as usual.  I was telling Nick that Mother's day is like Christmas for moms.  We get all the love and none of the stress!   Nick made a delicious breakfast and dinner and surprised me with a gift certificate to a fancy spa.  And I didn't have to do any dishes!  It was such a beautiful day we decided to take a walk by the lake.  Nick and Owen are skipping rocks here.


I thought it was a really beautiful shot of the lake and sky right as a train was crossing the bridge.


 Me and my bosses.


They are cute bosses though.  Usually.


Owen brought home a potted marigold, a story and this poem for me.  So fun, it made me laugh!


Teslyn has taught Mia how to make a stink face.  This is the best I could catch on camera.


Teslyn has had some really great prayers lately.  The other night she said, "bless Mia to grow up and play with me.  Bless her to be a nice girl."  Nick and I have to hold in our laughs pretty often when Teslyn is praying.

 


 The weather has been perfect lately!  Everything has turned so lush and green.  The kids spend lots of time outside.  We live in a great neighborhood, the kind where all the neighbor kids run and bike and play outside after school almost daily.  We are sure blessed.

 

 Here is the little girl watching the big girl and wishing she could run and play with her.



 Soon enough, little one.


No comments: