Friday, May 16, 2014

 This is what we were up to in March.


Mia turned 6 months old.  That is kinda a milestone in babyhood, and I missed the opportunity to get good six month old photos!  Here are a few snapshots of her.  I feel like I am in survival mode for the first year of my babies lives, so extra things take a little more effort!  


Mia tasted solid foods for the first time, and thought it was fun to eat bananas.  Sweet and yummy!


She would take random cat naps in her high chair throughout the day.  And this pose below is one of my favorite baby things.  When they find their toes and put them in their mouth!  


 The weather started warming up, at least enough to melt all that snow we had!  I was busy one night cooking dinner for a friend that had a baby so I bundled up Mia and brought her outside to watch the big kids play.  She loved it! 


We discovered an eagles nest one day while playing in the back yard.  Just the other day we heard the baby (ies?) squawking while the mother was gone finding food.  I will have to try to get another shot zoomed in.  She sits on the edge of the nest often.


Spring break was the last weekend of March for us.  Nick took a day off work to be with the kids so we headed to Spokane for the day to see and do things we haven't before.  And to hit up Chuck E. Cheese for the kids.  First stop was Manito Park which has beautifully landscaped gardens.  We had to use our imagination a bit since it was so early in the season!  We will definitely be back though, it's a beautiful place. 


They also have a conservatory which was full of beautiful plants and flowers.



 Next was Riverfront Park right on the Spokane River.  There was a walking bridge we stopped at for some pictures by the falls.




It was a fun little day trip to help us discover more in the area.  We look forward to doing more as the weather warms up.

No comments: