Friday, April 6, 2012


Happy 30th birthday to this daddy!!

30 is a big year, so I wanted to make it a big deal and throw a big party but Nick honestly didn't want that. And honestly, I didn't have it in me. So we did pretty much the same thing as last year! We picked him up from school and took him to lunch at Olive Garden. I made a pretty simple dinner that he chose, and we had a cake.

The kids had to help him open presents. I love that we've used this same bag the last 3 years for Nick's birthday gifts!

We got him a couple exciting things like shorts, deodorant, a tortilla press, and a pink tie. I think his favorite is the pink tie! Seriously though, he's excited to wear it.


The week before last was Nick's last spring break as a student. We enjoyed it in St. George with some friends, and I didn't take a single picture! This week has been Owen's spring break. Since we weren't going anywhere, and to make it feel special, I've kept him busy around here with friends. We went to Pump It Up, Chuck E. Cheese, and the gym. He has been asking to go to the gym with me for a while but I always go while he is at school, so he finally got his wish.

Last week Nick went to Montana to check out a prospective practice, where he's been offered a job. More on that will come as plans are finalized! But while he was gone, I wanted to do something different with the kids so we made indoor s'mores. We assembled them, wrapped them in foil and put them in the oven for a few minutes. They were perfect and gooey, and the kids loved it!!

We ate them outside because it was a beautiful day, and I wanted to keep the kitchen clean.

2 comments:

Sara said...

Happy Birthday Nick!

I hope you enjoyed your last spring break as a student!

Bittersweet.

Miss you guys!

Kris said...

LOVE the pink tie. Christopher has one and he always gets compliments on it.

I can't wait to hear where you guys end up going! Keep us in the loop!