Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Owen the kindergartener

Owen started kindergarten on Monday! I thought I would be more emotional about this big milestone than I was. I think it was harder for me to send him to preschool. But this isn't about me, its about my cutie pie punkin' boy. He is probably the youngest in his class. He made the cut-off by a week or two. He will be 5 September 17th. But I feel he is so ready, and he acts the part. And he's tall. He was in a very structured kindergarten-prep preschool last year. When we asked him how his first day of kindergarten was, he said "we did the same things as preschool!" He loved preschool, so I am sure he will enjoy this as well!


The teacher wasn't letting parents come in the classroom, so I was grateful Owen turned to give me this last smile right before he went to find a seat. I hear great things about the teacher, so I know this will be a great year! He is learning and growing so fast, and I am so proud of him.

Teslyn liked how there are drinking fountains just her size outside.



2 comments:

Kris said...

Loved reading all of your updates. Yay for Kindergarten! Owen is SO big now. It's crazy! I'm glad you guys got to spend so much time with family while Nick had time off. You know as much as I do how precious those times are.

Emily said...

Easton is younger by 1 day, so I'm glad Owen is going too. it was so hard for me to decide what to do, but I felt he was ready. I wish so bad they were in the same class though!

We MUST have Owen over soon. Next week maybe?