Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Catching up...

So its been a while since I've blogged here, but that doesn't mean we haven't been busy. Just nothing more than the usual day to day activities, and I will share some of that with pictures. This is what we've been up to the past almost 2 months.

Lots of nice mild weather for playing outside and blowing bubbles, one of Owen's favorite pastimes.

Making and eating chocolate dipped strawberries for FHE is another favorite that Owen requests lots, and Teslyn thoroughly enjoys.


I have been feeling a little crafty so when Owen's preschool class had a "prince/princess" day, I used that as an opportunity to pull my sewing machine out of its box. Within a few hours and no pattern, I made this cape. And a crown that Owen decorated.


And I thought I would make a skirt for myself because I was having a hard time finding one that I wanted. Apparently I can follow the pattern, but not the size and measurements that I should have. It turned out fine, just way too small for me! My cute and tiny friend Mimi got a skirt out of it though. It looked good on her!


Teslyn is 17 months here. I had to document this little cutie during bath time, and the skill her father taught her; lining up his "Starting Lineup" football figurines that he played with as a child.


...because Owen did the same thing as a baby! Here he is 23 months old.


We also celebrated a birthday this month...Nick is turning into an old man! Last year of his 20's. We snatched him from school during his lunch break to take him to Olive Garden for their all-you-can-eat soup, salad and bread sticks, one of our favorites.

We decided we should do that more often, it was fun to hang out and go on a lunch date as a family!


When we took him back to school he gave the kids a quick tour around and showed them where he spends much of his time now, in the clinic.


That night he had his favorite kind of cake for birthday dessert, an ice cream cake.


Last week there was an amazing Easter playgroup party thrown by a fabulous lady in our ward. It was really so much fun, and the kids got so spoiled. Teslyn's love for all animals was confirmed. We both fell in love with these baby goats. Now I want some. Some day when we have acreage with gardens, orchards and chickens, that is.

Owen petting the bunnies.

Teslyn loving the mini bounce house.


And she even got to ride a pony! She absolutely loved it and got upset when it was time for them to pack up the animals and drive away.

I was so impressed with her, because at this age Owen was much more timid and wouldn't do "adventurous" things like that. He wasn't even interested in the pony here. Funny boy. We have lots more fun planned for the next few weeks so as long as I don't forget my camera, I'll show you!!

6 comments:

Canyon Breeze Lane said...

Way to go Rebecca!!! I have missed your postings. Did you get a picture of Owen and Tesslyn in their trampoline as it blew across the yard?

Emily said...

She is so cute on the pony!! What a brave girl!

I love Owen's cape...Easton has been asking me for one and I want to do it for Easter, but my sewing machine is broken...and let's be honest, I probably couldn't make it anyway.

Teslyn's hair is getting longer too, so cute!

The Brady Bunch said...

Your kiddies are growing up so fast! I hate that times goes by so fast. They are so cute! I LOVE the "starting line-up."

MIMI n' LINCOLN RULE!! said...

still love my skirt you made! i don't mind if you can't follow sizes and measurement :)

we should go on a double date for lunch to olive garden sometime with our kiddos!

Megan said...

Hey Becky! I've been such a slacker in the blogging world and just checked in on yours for the first time in a long time (Jake is the only one who posts on ours now). I'm so sorry about your miscarriage and everything else that was piled on you. I hope things are going better for you--it looks like you've been having fun. And look at you being so crafty--I love the skirt and the cape. Jake is finally graduating in a couple of weeks and we're headed back to Utah (hooray!) at the end of May to take the bar and find a job (ug!).

Mary said...

What cute pictures! And that skirt is so cute! Good job :)