Monday, January 10, 2011

Decade In Review!

I have seen a few friends do this, and I thought it was a great idea. It was fun to reminisce about the things we have been up to the past 10 years, and put it down in writing to help us remember better. It will be exciting to see where the next decade will take us!

2000- Nick graduated high school. We met that summer at Jamba Juice where I was working. Dated lots. Started my senior year.

2001- Nick went on mission to Riga, Latvia a month before I graduated. I took off for my first summer working in Skagway, Alaska. Went to BYU-SLC that fall.

2002- Nick still on mission. I missed the SLC Winter Olympics to teach English in Moscow, Russia that semester. Got to visit Sweden, Finland, Estonia and Latvia. (including parts of Nick’s mission!) Flew straight to Alaska from there to work the summer. Went to UVSC that fall.

2003- Still at UVSC. Back to Alaska for my third summer. Nick came home from his mission while I was still there, so he flew up to visit for a week. Heaven. Both of us attended UVSC that fall. Oh yeah, and got engaged.

2004- Married January 2nd. Honeymooned in Australia and good old St. George, Utah. Took the semester off to be in love. And work. I as a CNA, Nick as a construction superintendent. Nick did the summer semester at SLCC then transferred to the U of U. I made a change to being a dental assistant. Moved from our SLC apartment to West Jordan, UT (free-loading in his mom’s vacant house).

2005- Still dental assisting while Nick was a full-time student at the U and worked full-time as construction superintendent. Vacationed in Florida.

2006- Got pregnant with Owen. Bought a condo in Eagle Mountain, UT and moved in that August. Owen born in September. Nick kept commuting to work and school while I caught up on sleep.

2007- Vacation in Hawaii. Sold condo that spring, moved to Draper, UT (my parents basement). Nick stopped working, took extra classes to graduate sooner and apply to dental school. He also did a lot of traveling for school interviews. Accepted to UNLV School of Dental Medicine.

2008- Nick graduated from the University of Utah with a biology degree!! He was a stay-at-home dad that summer, and loved it, while I went back to dental assisting. Bought a house in Las Vegas. Moved in that fall. Nick started his career as a dental student.

2009- Got pregnant with Teslyn. Vacationed in San Diego. Nick busy at school. Teslyn born in October.

2010- Nick still busy with school. Vacationed in Lake Tahoe. Nick started his third year of dental school. One more to go. I try to stay sane with the kiddos. Still doing the same!

This was fun, you should do it too!

4 comments:

Christi said...

WOW I never knew all that about you guys. That is awesome you went to all those places! I am jealous. I never knew you were a dental assistant either!
LOVE this idea!

Emily said...

Holy crap you have been all over the world! Awesome!

My sister in law Aimee worked in Skagway for a couple of summers. I can't remember, it might have been after you. 03 and 04 I think. She worked at del sol and the ice cream place.

Anyway, that was fun to read because I didn't know ANY of that about you.

Lindsay said...

This is so fun. I want to do it too. That is crazy you've known each other for ten years.

Your kids are sooo cute.

Thanks for your comments on my blog, glad to know i'm not the only one with those laundry habits :).

Jealous of your warm Vegas weather!!

Kara said...

I had no idea you have been to all these places and vacationed and honeymooned to so many cool spots! You guys have had a great 10 years! What did you do in Alaska?