Sunday, January 30, 2011

January!

This January has been beautiful!! The weather has been mild and nice. We've had lots of playtime with friends in the park, and I've been taking Teslyn running with me in the jogging stroller while Owen is at preschool. Here are some other things we've been up to this month.


Since one of Owen's favorite things to do is miniature golf, we did that one Saturday. There is a nice little place not too far from our house. It was our first time taking Teslyn while she's been walking, so they even gave her a golf club of her own. It was so cute to watch her try!

Owen is all business.


And he didn't mind Teslyn wanting to play through all the time.

She was even good to help me.

There was one minor tantrum toward the end. Don't remember why!

But we did get a family shot. If you look close, you can see Teslyn's pink golf ball that she threw just a second before the picture was snapped (self-timer). It is in front of Owen's chest. We thought it was pretty funny.

While I was doing laundry one day, Tes insisted on a ride in the basket, so Owen loaded her up with his stuffed animals and pulled her around. I thought they were cute.

She also insists on being a "helper" in the kitchen.

I love watching her grow and learn. She is 15 1/2 months now, but weighs the same as she did at her 12 month check up, 22 lbs. She is learning new words everyday, some of the latest being poo poo, hat, shoes, socks, ball, book, Owen, juice, banana, outside, and something that sounds like blueberries and movie (for Baby Einstein). At least I know what she means when she says those.

Owen has been a super big helper also. He is so sweet and plays so well with Tes.... most of the time. And if I am busy trying to get stuff done, he will feed her for me. Sometimes, like tonight when we had dinner, she wouldn't eat anything unless Owen was the one feeding her. Little stinker.

The kids have been playing outside in the sunshine almost everyday. To be young again.

Her hair is still thin, but at least it's getting longer, as you can see here!!

She's a little crazy, most of the time.

And I had a birthday! I tell ya, I am feeling old. Make it stop.

4 comments:

Emily said...

What the heck?! Where was that miniature golf place? Steve and I went to a ghetto one on Eastern last weekend...this one looks way better!!!


Happy birthday! That cake looks yummy...


You're one of the only people I know who didn't have sick kids all of January. LUCKY!

Kara said...

Is that the miniature golf place on Ft. Apache and something? That looks fun- I bet Nathan would love that. I still can't get over what a good big brother Owen is- he feeds her!!! Amazing! Hope you had a fabulous birthday- and did you get a "nothing bunt cake"? It looks SO good!!

Ariana said...

Fun!! Love the wild static hair. And btw, we totally quit counting birthdays years ago. We will always be 20! :-)

Nicole said...

The mini golf looks like fun, we will have to do that sometime I'm sure Bailey would love it.

Happy Birthday, I hope it was a great one.