Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Last weekend I ran my first half marathon! I am so glad my sister-in-laws decided to do one. It got me motivated to train and make it happen. It was the Snow Canyon Half Marathon outside St. George. It was an awesome run. Mostly downhill, so I felt good running it, but the recovery has been another thing. I did not train on any hills, so my thighs were not prepared for the beating they endured. But thanks to those hills, I finished well before I had even imagined I would! My time was 1:59:10. Not bad, considering I ran with a nasty head cold, and I started my period that morning. (sorry, too much information, I know.)


That is me with my sis-in-laws, Heather to my right and Jamie to my left, and their friends that ran with us. It was a nice quick trip to St. George for me, Nick stayed home with the kids!

Nice closed eyes shot. I thought it was better than my blood blister toe picture. Oh yeah, thanks to those hills, I got several blisters on my toes, one of which was a blood blister. But even then, I would take that over the pain in my thighs which has made it really hard to go down my stairs the past few days. Ok, enough complaining. Would I do it again? Yes. Will I do it again? Not any time soon.

I think this link will take you to pictures of me during the run, if you are interested:

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Crazy girl! That's awesome that you did it though. Love the family pics, too, btw!