Today was Owen's first day of preschool!
He is such a big kid now, it's hard for me to believe. He was so excited to wear his backpack. He is going to preschool at a community center where we got a great deal for the year. We've heard great things about it there. He has been counting down the days since I signed him up a few weeks ago.

In case you are wondering, spiderman backpacks are very "in" for little boys. I counted at least five other ones there.

I think it's so cute how they have little cubbies with their names on them where they can hang their stuff!

He's so excited! There are 20 kids and two teachers in this class. It sounds crazy to me, but I guess they know what they are doing!

Cute classroom, cute kids, I almost reluctantly left. I know, it sounds cheesy, but I was feeling emotional about leaving my baby boy. Didn't show it, of course. Now I know how all those other moms feel when their kid starts school the first day. Kids grow up! I tried not to be the crazy mom taking a million pictures. Don't worry, there was one with a video camera. The teachers kinda shooed us out, so I waved bye and left. He barely lifted his eyes to say bye. But I guess that's a good thing!

Owen LOVED preschool. I am sure he will be asking everyday if it is a preschool day, which is just twice a week.
Anyway, we put a cover on our tramp during the hot summer months here. First, because it's too stinkin' hot to jump on, and second, the hot sun just bakes the tramp and makes it dry and brittle. The cover is supposed to protect it, but this one couldn't make it through two summers. It must have been pretty windy while we were gone, or some cat came and shredded it. I think it was the wind. Oh well, it's cooled down enough to use it again!

Here is my blueberry oatmeal loving baby.

On Labor Day we took the kids on a walk around Calico Springs up by Red Rock. It's a fun little boardwalk nature walk that we like. I like this family picture, even though you can only see half the kids!

Teslyn enjoys her ride.

Owen is a cute explorer.

This picture turned out kinda cool!

We also planted a new plant. I am excited about it because it grows huge and has lots of flowers.

It was to replace this little palm tree that we so lovingly planted when we moved in. We were excited to have a palm in our yard. We have no idea why it died.

This is what it looked like when we planted it almost two years ago.

We are over it. It helped that this little palm plant just started growing out of nowhere. We almost thought it was a weed, but Nick decided to let it grow to see what it was. It has a dripper, so there must have been something growing there from a previous owner.
2 comments:
I'm so glad Owen is loving preschool! It looks very similar to Mirabelli's classroom. Nathan loves his class too. I hope he can make some new friends- he's such a social butterfly!
I love that cute family picture of you guys at Red Rock- cute family!! You guys know how to have fun- let's get together soon!
That looks like such a cute preschool!!! It's kind of a relief when then don't look back...then we know they love it!
I'm jealous of your backyard.
We need to play more, we love that hike too. I think our boys should be friends.
Post a Comment