Week one of our two week vacation took us to Utah to hang out with the grandparents. (Just to my parents. Nick's are on a mission in Kazakhstan. We missed them this summer!) This is just a few of the many reasons we love Utah in the summer:
Owen is really into tools. He was so excited to see that grandpa was working with his tools on a big project and was happy to help!
We all love the thunder and lightening storms that appear out of no where.
It was coming down so hard it was making puddles and streams. I miss those kind of summer storms. Las Vegas actually had some great rain last winter, so I can't complain too much.
Oh, and kids still go toilet papering, and it's all in good fun! I saw this house on our way to church and hoped it was still like that on our way back so I could get a picture. Reminds me of middle school.
Another highlight was the Thanksgiving Point Dinosaur Museum. Owen is into dinosaurs, and it is actually the largest dino museum in the world, so it was way cool to check it out.
I was trying to get a picture of Teslyn waving at me, but it didn't flash and turned out bad, until I noticed Owen climbing a dinosaur leg in the background. It was funny to me because two seconds later an employee was there telling him that he's not allowed to climb the dinosaurs. Oops.
Owen is a great road tripper. No complaints about him. He's such a good and patient boy. It did help that I had a stash of dollar store toys wrapped up that I could hand back every hour or so to keep him busy. He loved that. Teslyn had a rough time the first leg of the journey, but did so well the rest of the trip. She just needed little breaking in, I guess. She's a pro now. More to come.....
5 comments:
We had a blast at the museum too, the boys are at such a fun age for it!
That picture of them in the car cracks me up...I SO know what you're talking about. Anything goes to keep babies happy in the car.
Traveling with little ones is so hard, but I'm glad she got better for you and you made the best of it. Owen is so dang cute- we miss that kid. We gotta get together this week. I talked to Natalie about coming up here for a playdate. Would you guys like to come? what days work for you?
I have no idea why we haven't been to that Dinosaur museum yet, sounds great and NAthan would love it too.
I'm glad you guys enjoyed yourselves in Utah. It was a bummer that we didn't meet up, but hopefully we will be able to sometime in the future.
Too bad we didn't coordinate our trips better! We miss you guys and hope we get to see you in the not too distant future. Glad you had fun!!
What fun pictures. Tesslyn is getting so big!
Post a Comment