Sunday, April 25, 2010

Teslyn is 6 months old!


6 months goes by fast! I am not sure what her stats are yet, but I am guessing she is at least 18 lbs. Probably more. At her 4 month check up, her pediatrician was out of one of her immunizations. We went back a month later to get it, so now her 6th month will be a month late as well.

She is such a sweet baby. She loves to laugh. She is usually a good sleeper at night. She is good at sitting and playing with toys for periods of time. I really can't describe how much I am in love with her. I just feel so lucky and blessed to have this baby girl in my life. Having such a hard first baby makes this one feel like cake. And she's as sweet as cake too. I am a bit sad at how fast she is growing, right before my eyes.

Owen is still loving being a big brother. He figures now that she is not so tiny and fragile, that he can play a bit more rough with her. He is starting to take the roll as the big brother that torments and teases. No, not really, but I can see that happening. He is great at keeping a pile of toys in front of her at all times. If she tips over, he props her back up. But sometimes he is the reason she tips over in the first place. She is a good sport about it, but isn't shy about letting me know if he is doing something that is bugging her. She can squeal like a girl, that's for sure!

The other day Owen was playfully tossing the boppy pillow around when it accidentally knocked over my dried floral arrangement, making a mess of petals and leaves all over the stairs. I decided to use the opportunity to teach Owen to be responsible for his actions, and to use the vacuum.

Part of his personality is to be meticulous, at least when he wants to be, so he actually did a good job. Until he decided it was taking too long and got bored. Oh well. It was a start.

That's just a bit of what we've been up to. Finals are over this semester for Nick, just less than a week until boards! Then he can relax and we will definitely enjoy having him around more.

10 comments:

Shay Lee said...

OH she is so adorable!

Andrea said...

I love her huge smiles! I can't wait for Dylan to start sitting. He can still only do it with help. Good luck to Nick with his boards!

Kara said...

She's so cute and so happy! I'm glad she's such a good baby for you. I don't know how you do it with Nick so busy and gone so much! Way to teach Owen how to clean up his messes. I need to find some things to teach Nathan. It seems like all I do is clean up messes!

The Brady Bunch said...

Your kids are adorable! I can't believe she's 6 months old! Time goes by too fast.

Emily said...

AMEN sister...about the perfect baby girls. She has such a big, cute smile!!! I'm so glad you love her so much!!

Kris said...

What a doll! It's crazy how fast they grow up.

Jared & Tracee said...

You can TOTALLY tell that that your kids are siblings! SO cute!! I love her smile!

Laura said...

She is beautiful! Yes, time really goes by too fast! I like that you had Owen vacuum. Good idea! :)

Unknown said...

Your excellent mothering skills show in her jolly-baby smiles!

Jason and Shalise Staples said...

such cute kidos!