Owen's preschool had a cute little Christmas program yesterday. They sang a few songs they've learned including a couple holiday ones.
My little singer.

They even did a spotlight on Hanukkah and Kwanzaa to show their diversity and teach the children some culture.

At the end, all the parents were gathering the kids in groups for some cute pictures. This was my attempt to get Owen to join them:

Don't get me wrong, he really likes them and enjoys being there, he just has a very strong dislike for attention and group pictures lately. He's always been just a little shy though. I worried about it for a little bit, but he gets along well and plays great with kids in small groups. I guess he's just like his parents in that way. I showed him the grumpy picture on the camera, and guilted him into a group picture with some buddies that were already "posing." Nice, huh. Parents and their needs are so funny.

Then he tried and gave a half-sincere smile here.

While we were waiting for the program to start, Teslyn and I played in the park outside the building. She loves to swing!

Notice all the leaves on the ground? I guess I forgot that fall doesn't come to Las Vegas until December.

And on a sad side note, Owen got a nasty case of the hives last week. We have no clue what set him off or what he may be allergic to. It's the first time he's had a rash like this. It was bad and he was itchy. This was the morning of his preschool pajama popcorn/Christmas movie party that he absolutely did not want to miss, so I took him to the doctor first thing in the morning for a dr's note to get him in class.

Poor sad guy. He went to the party and enjoyed it though. The next day he wasn't as red, but his hands, feet and lips were swollen. That was a little scary, but by the day after that, you could hardly tell. It was just a 3-4 day ordeal, luckily. Hopefully never again!
4 comments:
I loved the video! I can't wait until Brielle is old enough to go to preschool and do cute programs like that.
That's horrible about the hives! Especially since you never found out what caused it. I hope it doesn't happen again!
I love the Christmas songs. I can't believe how grown up your kids are getting! They are so cute.
If it makes you feel any better I have chronic hives, which just means I randomly get them for no apparent reason. It's really annoying and no one know why, so I'm feeling sorry for Owen. I hope he is feeling better and that this is just a random thing.
Crazy allergic reaction! I love that you took him to the doc and still got him to the party. Great job, mom!
Cute video! And I love the diversity learning! I'm glad he's feeling better. That's the worst thing ever, when little ones get sick.
Post a Comment