Monday, December 8, 2008

We have such bad luck with cameras.

So the day after Thanksgiving (black Friday) I got up at 4:30 am to go get 2 things. A trampoline for Owen's Christmas and a camera for Nick and I. I've been waiting for this camera since Owen dropped ours at Lagoon last summer, and broke it. Anyway, we were out to eat Saturday night at Maggiano's with family, and we asked our server to take a picture for us. Just as he was about to, he dropped it, and it was loud when it hit the ground. Right then I knew it was a goner. It's broken. It turns off and on, but that's about it. I am hoping I can exchange it. We felt bad about it, but I could tell the server felt worse. He got his manager who gave us his card. If I can't exchange it or get it fixed under warranty, I might give them a call. But in the meantime, I am using my camera phone, or the lame 3.2 MP camera I've had for years. Which is like a brick. I guess it's a good backup camera, but sometimes I dislike it so much I wish it would break.

Besides that, our weekend was great! Nick's sister Heather and her husband Spencer and their kids are in town (for the NFR, of course) and staying at Nick's other sister, Jamie's house. Saturday night we all ate at Maggiano's without the kids! It was fabulous. We had the family style dinner. There was so much food, and it was so good. It was great to get Nick away from his computer for a couple of hours, too. He has 10 finals this week! We can't wait for that to be over. Friday he can relax, and we will all celebrate his first semester of dental school under his belt!

5 comments:

Kris said...

What crappy luck with cameras. I am SO sorry! We have an extra if you want us to ship it to you. It's not the best digital, but it's what we used for a while before we bought ours. Let us know.

Andrea said...

That sucks that your camera broke! I'd probably cry. Congrats, though, that Nick is almost done with his first semester. That's great!

Chris & Breanne Coccimiglio said...

OH I am so sorry! That is so crappy! That is exciting that he is almost done with his first semester! :)

Jason and Shalise Staples said...

Wow that sucks. Sorry. Jason's sister-in-law did something very clever and it worked. She went online and found out the buys on Wednesday and went shopping early and paid full price and then on Friday she got up early but she did not have to wait in line, she went to return line with her receipt and they gave her the difference of the stuff on sale and she walked out with almost $70. We are excited to see you guys soon.

Becky Sharp said...

I bet that server was mortified! Of all the luck. You should be able to exchange it under warranty, I would think. Good luck!